Should only be viewed while wearing Red & Cyan Anaglyph 3D glasses.
Running time: 10:00
An anaglyph 3D found-footage film. None of the source material was shot stereoscopically; rather, the 3D effects are reliant on the phenomenon of motion parallax. Via its time delay strategy, visual depth illusions manifest themselves (or not, in some cases) through horizontal motions in the camera and/or its subjects. Clips of trains, space shuttles, beaches, and cyclopes butt against one another to present a doleful impression of mutated technologies, gestures, and species.
– Pleats of Matter: The Films of Blake Williams – Acropolis Cinema, Los Angeles, CA
– event #4 – Rubicon Cinema, Akron, OH
– Flicker and Wow: Experimental Shorts 1 – The Public Cinema, Knoxville, TN
– On Screen @ Blaffer – Anaglyphic Analogies: Films by Blake Williams – University of Houston, TX
– Blue Sunday – Florida Experimental Film/Video Festival (FLEXfest), Gainesville, FL
– Tales from the Northern Underground – Experimental Response Cinema, Austin, TX