This is a dynamic list, so it’ll be updated each time I see a film which had its world premiere in 1984 that is better than at least one of the films already on the list.
*While I have seen more than ten films from this year, I’m only including titles that I actively like (6.0+).
- Blood Simple (Joel Coen)
- Stranger Than Paradise (Jim Jarmusch)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Steven Spielberg)
- This Is Spinal Tap (Rob Reiner)
- Love Streams (John Cassavetes)
- Repo Man (Alex Cox)
- What Have I Done to Deserve This? (Pedro Almodóvar)
- Gremlins (Joe Dante)