This is a dynamic list, so it’ll be updated each time I see a film which had its world premiere in 1973 that is better than at least one of the films already on the list.
*While I have seen more than ten films from this year, I’m only including titles that I actively like (6.0+).
- Badlands (Terrence Malick)
- The Mother and the Whore (Jean Eustache)
- Day For Night (François Truffaut)
- Don’t Look Now (Nicolas Roeg)
- The Holy Mountain (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
- F For Fake (Orson Welles)
- Experience (Abbas Kiarostami)
- World on a Wire (Rainer Werner Fassbinder)
- The Exorcist (William Friedkin)