This is a dynamic list, so it’ll be updated each time I see a film which had its world premiere in 1966 that is better than at least one of the films already on the list.
*While I have seen more than ten films from this year, I’m only including titles that I actively like (6.0+).
- Blowup (Michelangelo Antonioni)
- The Nun (Jacques Rivette)
- The Face of Another (Hiroshi Teshigahara)
- Daisies (Vera Chytilova)
- Persona (Ingmar Bergman)
- Au Hasard Balthazar (Robert Bresson)
- Who Wants to Kill Jessie? (Václav Vorlícek)